Radiology – A Welcome Message
Diego Nu?ez, M.D., MPH
Chairman, Department of Radiology
Welcome to the Department of Radiology. Diagnostic Radiology at Saint Raphael’s offers a comprehensive medical imaging service with a whole spectrum of diagnostic modalities encompassed. Our department has been a pioneer in implementing and developing imaging programs with emphasis on clinical excellence and quality measures. State-of-the-art 3T MRI with advanced capabilities for functional imaging, MDCT, PET/CT imaging and bi-plane digital angiography are among the leading technologies offered in our department. We have also been at the forefront of breast imaging initiatives with early implementation of digital mammography, ultrasound and breast MRI, as well as the variety of imaging guided interventional procedures.
A faculty of 25 board-certified radiologists with fellowship training and sub-specialty expertise provides referring physicians and patients timely and accurate results of imaging examinations. A caring staff of over 150 members, including radiologic technologists, administrators, nurses and clerical personnel is here to provide you with the best patient care. The Department of Radiology is also a leader in radiology education with an impressive tradition of teaching excellence and clinical research performed with radiology residents.
It would be our privilege to be your provider of imaging services in a patient-centered environment.
Diego Nunez M.D. M.P.H.
Chairman Department of Radiology
General Radiologist and NeuroRadiologist. Areas of expertise: Brain, Spine, Head & Neck imaging with emphasis on CT and MRI. Special interest in emergency and trauma radiology, development of imaging protocols and cost effective utilization of imaging resources.
- Undergraduate and Medical training: Central University of Venezuela
- Internal Medicine Internship: Carney Hospital, Boston University
- Diagnostic Radiology: Hospital of Saint Raphael, Yale University
- Fellowship: Vascular Interventional Radiology, University of Miami
- Visiting Fellow in MR Neuroimaging, University of Miami
- Master of Public Health, Harvard School of Public Health
- Professor of Radiology and Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine – Director of Emergency and Trauma Radiology.
- Professor in Radiology at Harvard Medical School and co-director of Emergency Radiology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- Clinical Professor of Radiology at Yale Medical School and Chairman of Radiology at the Hospital of Saint Raphael since 2001.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Diagnostic Radiology with Certificate of Added Qualifications in NeuroRadiology.
- Past President of the Interamerican College of Radiology and the American Society of Emergency Radiology.
- Chair, Emergency Radiology subcommittee of the Radiological Society of North America
- Member, Scientific Program Committee of the American Roentgen Ray Society
- Coordinator of instructional courses in Emergency and Trauma imaging at the Society’s annual meeting
- Examiner of the American Board of Radiology in Neuroradiology
Awards and Activities:
- Gold Medal Award – Interamerican College of Radiology and the American Society of Emergency Radiology
- National and international lecturer and honorary member of several radiological societies
- Reviewer for five radiology journals — has published over a 100 papers in peer review journals
- Associate Editor of Radiology, the leading journal in Diagnostic Imaging and related sciences
Page last updated on Jul. 15, 2009