Orthopedic Pre-Op Classes
It is important to us that you come to your surgery with peace of mind, knowing what both your surgery and recuperation will entail. We strongly encourage all potential orthopedic patients and anyone who will be involved in their care and recuperation to go to one of our specially prepared pre-operative classes.
Orthopedic pre-op classes are held every Wednesday beginning at 11:00 a.m. in the Recreation Room of the Sister Anne Virginie Grimes Health Center 1354 Chapel St., New Haven.
Free parking is available behind the Grimes Health Center – from the George Street entrance. (Directions)
Sign up for a class by clicking the Register Now button.
Download the “Preparing for Joint Replacement Surgery” Pre-OP patient information manual.
Presenters will include:
- Orthopedic nurse
- Physical therapist with a specialty in orthopedic patients
- Representative from the Sister Anne Virginie Grimes Rehabilitation Center
- Discharge planning nurse
Presentation topics will include:
- Preparing for surgery: what to bring or not bring with you to the hospital
- How to prepare your home for your return
- Information on rehabilitation and short-term rehabilitation centers
- Transportation issues
- Insurance issues
- Scheduling of any necessary blood work or xrays
To learn more about the Bone and Joint Center at Saint Raphael’s, call 203-789-4140. Click here to register for a pre-operative class or call 203-789-3258.
Page last updated on Mar. 29, 2010