For more than 100 years, the Saint Raphael Auxiliary has been supporting and enhancing patient care at Saint Raphael’s.
Funds are raised in a variety of ways, including sales from the hospital’s Glass Door Gift Shop, as well as the Saint Raphael Thrift Store on Chapel Street. In addition, the Auxiliary sponsors a variety of special activities, including an annual golf tournament.
The Auxiliary was founded in 1908 as the Ladies Aid Society. At that time, their good work came in the form of card parties, holiday teas and other activities which raised enough money to buy the hospital’s first motorized ambulance. In more recent years, the money they have raised has been used to purchase heart monitors for hospital recovery rooms, to start the Looking Forward program, and to host events like prostate cancer screenings.
Page last updated on May. 12, 2009